Monday, May 3, 2010

Trying to make a soup from the pantry!

Today it seems like a great day. The owner of the house we want is seeming to favor me! She sent me an email today, stating it looks like a go, assuming our minor details get banged out.
4bdrm, 2 1/2 bath, & finally an OPEN SPACEY KITCHEN!!!! Now the kids can come in the kitchen and really help. looks lovely.

I don't want to get to set on it, incase when Ion heads to New Mexico next week, and he does the walk around and hates it! Cross your fingers, and I will post some pics as soon as I get the final word..{crossing fingers,toes and eyes.}

Ever try to make a soup, and it does not come out exactly as planned, from your head? LOL Well today's attempt was just that. I am attempting, little by little to empty out pantry, freezer, etc. Since we are moving soon enough! I was trashing somes stuff and came across a bad with dry barley, lima beans, and alphabet noodles in a package, so I though hey why not, since it has not expired? Well it was on the cusp of expiration. I think that is part of the trouble with this soup. I was boiling the soup, I decided to make this soup my own "flavor" I had a can of adobe chilis, some chicken stock and some fontina/spinach organic sausage from the freezer. So I said let's see what happens. Well, I meant to add just a bit of the adobe chili juices to it, and the entire can fell in. WOWSERS! Now I like things with a kick, but I looked as if I was kicked in my face when I was done with my bowl, albeit tasty! Just to hot, def not for the feeble, old, young or Ion. HA! So after my bowl of fire, I drained it, and re-added clean unspiced chicken stock in hopes of some heat reduction. Now it is delicious! Here is soup after adobe sauce is removed!

And this is what it looks like with an entire can of Goya Chilis in it! LOL

Ehh, you win some you lose some, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment