Friday, May 14, 2010

Sloppy was lunch.

I decided to use up the remainder of my lean, turkey ground meat, and I made sloppy style burgers.. No premade sauce. I used a can of tomato paste, green onions, and some various spices. Nothing exacted in the spice section. Served on a whole cracked wheat bun (200 cal)The meat averaged out per serving to 184 cals. side was a couple celery sticks (10 cals), and a tbsp of ranch(70cals)= 464 cals for lunch. Was yummy and I stayed full until dinner for a change.

For dinner I was having a conundrum on what to eat. One baby said chicken, the other requested macaroni & cheese. So VOILA! Chicken and Mac & cheese. I mixed the mac n cheese with spinach (add something nutritional in that box o' stuff) LOL. I marinated the drumsticks in ff italian dressing then coated in italian beadcrumbs. Easy peasy. Threw in a chopped tomato on the side...dinner served. I did forget to take a photo of the beautifully plated meal. So here is the leftovers. HA =)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I am not a cook so even trying to experiment would not lead to wonderful dishes. Thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experiment with what sounds tasty, sometimes mishaps come out tasty =)

    ReplyDelete