Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baking mini-cupcakes with the babes..

The kids had about 3374646210 meltdowns today, in the end they declared cupcakes( I declared mini cupcakes). Oy! I decided this could be a fun project. I wanted to have some fun with baking and found food coloring to color the batter. The kids wanted green and pink, however we were out of red. I had no idea. So we were stuck with green, blue & yellow.
I also used no oil, instead I replaced it with 1/2 cup applesauce, and shredded one small zucchini. (kids were never the wiser.) If anyone wants the precise recipe send me a message. 6 mini cupcakes comes out to 210 cals(with the topping) but includes a lil veg & fruit.
The kids helped by lining the baking pan.



Then we mixed all the differen colors into the batter.



Here they are baked up and colored!



Finished off with a bit of Cool Whip Lite and some red sprinkles per Eli's choice.



Eli is finally happy and ready to dig in!


Francesca says: "I love it mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment