Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Broccoli slaw..for lunch.



I had courageously bought a bag of broccoli mix, unusre of what to do with it. So I began my search online for ideas. I found a recipe for crackslaw, which I will use my shredded cabbage for soon. I could not find anything really appetizing. SO I decided to make up my own idea-something similar to coleslaw, in my opinion. Here is the recipe I followed:

*12 oz bag of Broccoli slaw
*Kraft miracle whip regular, 4 tbsp
*Red wine Vinegar, 1/2 tbsp
*Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking, 2 tsp
*1 1/2 tsp hidden valley ranch mix


mix all the ingredients together, then add the slaw; stir well and refrigerate.

= 4 servings-71 calories per serv.



So I decided to use the slaw in our lunches today (twins inhaled it).
I used some for my lunch with my left over salmon, a few strawberries & some cherry tomatoes, was a great filling healthy, lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment