Monday, April 19, 2010

More bite sized bites..and 2 lbs gone..

So, unexpectedly I lost 2 lbs on this weigh in, I figured with the baklava obssession and the chinese take-out sweet hubs, decided to reminicse on from our old days. I assumed I would stay neutral. However, I suppose the workouts paid off this past week, and the scale Gods worked in my favor.
*Did ya know- 1 lb of fat is equal to 4 sticks of butter? Yuck!
This time I wanted to try out the good-looking pepperoni bites from noble pig I decided that my babies would eat these up like crazy, starving animals, and I was right! The little piggies and the big piggy(Ion) inhaled them, I managed to nab a couple for me. These are definitely treat items, I intend to make them again with pineapples and canadian bacon or ham pieces, for a hawaiian pizza bite.. hehe.. I am sure the combinations are endless. Which is exciting for me, so I can I can find a healthy version.. I revamped my flour blends yesterday too!

Ingredients:
*Flour, white, 1.5 cup
Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 4 oz
*Hormel original pillow pack pepperoni, 4 servings
Egg, fresh, 1 large
Baking Powder, .75 tsp
Milk, 1%, .75 cup



Directions
Blend baking soda and flour.
Add in egg and milk and beat together.
whisk the rest of the ingredients together.
scoop in mini muffin tin, bake 20-25 mins at 375 makes 24 mini muffins




Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 140.8
Total Fat: 6.6 g
Cholesterol: 35.6 mg
Sodium: 250.1 mg
Total Carbs: 13.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 6.6 g

No comments:

Post a Comment