Saturday, April 17, 2010

In the Sandpits..

Today, I decided to take the twins out and about for some old fashioned physical activity. So we went to a gigantic park with sandpits. Instead Francesca was more worried about playing soccer for a while, then Eli ran to the pits and she followed. I was happy to get in a few minutes of jogging on the wide empty soccer field.






For dinner, I cooked pizza. If the kids could eat this everyday they would, however if I make it, at least I know fresh veggies are going into them.


This particular pizza has 8 servings at 253 cals. Luckily, the dough is a little heavy and very filling,you could always roll the crust into a thinner crustfor a larger pizza and less calories per pizza. I just happen to prefer thick crusted pizza..yum!
Ingredients:
Fresh & Easy 1 pkg. whole wheat pizza dough,
trader joe's organic marinara, 1.5 cup
hormel mini pepperoni, 55 grams
mozzarella cheese shredded, 104 gram(s)
Black Olives, 10 jumbo
Tomatoes, 1 medium whole

Roll out the crust. Ladle marinara, slice tomatoes and olives. Add all the toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment