Wednesday, August 4, 2010

KU Unit 5 post. My Starbucks vs at home coffee comparison.

So I have been looking into making my own iced coffee's for a while. I occasionally make them but generally stick with starbucks, although I dont like SB Iced coffee as much as the hot version; as they sort of have an after taste of metal or pennies. The ones I make at home seem to be tastier to me, since relocating to ALbuquerque it is a little drive to a SB, so I have been making my own nearly every morning and have not missed SB like I expected. I wanted to know how much I was saving. So I added up the cost perserving for all my coffee goodies: lite cool whip, coffee, caramel sauce, creamer and stevia or sweet n lows. I was appalled to realize how much I had been wasting on my coffees and have now decided to boycott SB and make a savings of it. LoL! The result is $0.31 with whip, vs $4.65 each morning. Imagine that!!!!! Also, I found these awesome cups at Wal-Mart reusable which to me looked perfect for taking my morning iced coffee to go! The lid even screws on all for 5 bucks!! Check it out:

1 comment:

  1. I love these cups. Thank you for all of the tips. I am going to try caramel sauce in my coffee.

    ReplyDelete