Saturday, August 14, 2010

ku unit 7:coconut shrimp &leftover veggie orzo veggie orzo


I wanted to see if I could make the tasty coconut shrimp minus the frying. So I tried to find a recipe to fit my needs, and didn't see one, so I just guessed.

3 egg whites
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/2 c. shredded coconut
salt & pepper to taste(optional)

I mixed the pepper and some morton's salt subsitiute in the cornstarch. I drenched the raw shrimp in cornstarch. Next I dipped the shrimp in the egg white, and followed up with the shredded coconut. I sprayed a foil lined pan with ALOT of cooking spray, to avoid sticking. Baked at 350 for about 10-12 mins until shrimp is cooked through.

I have to say this was delicous. Especially the dipping sauce I made.
I squeezed a few tbsp.'s of an orange into 2 tbsp of honey, tossed in a few coconut flakes. The whole family inhaled it. Served with last nights orzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment